My blogging has become very sporadic. In 2011, I made 5 blog posts total. 2 of which were merely photos, 1 was a reflection of the past year, 1 was a random idea and 1 was just a blurb about how things were supposed to change — and didn't. Hell, even this post - the mandatory New Year post is a week late. It seems my life is simply too mundane - too difficult for me to find things to blog about that's unique. I've been setting standards that are probably too high. Why should I talk about iOS vs Android? What about the last 3 movies I actually went to the cinema to watch? What about my last few new gadgets? It might be time to throw caution to the wind and simply blog about everything. Who cares if I start blogging about things that don't matter?
But first, I've got to reflect on the previous year:
- I bought a car, it's not strictly speaking the first car I've owned, but it's the first one which I've bought in Australia. It doesn't look like much, but it fits 4 people and runs well.
- I need to work harder on those exams. The single remaining paper remains elusive. Perhaps - it's time to try something new.
- I've returned to buying Apple products. In addition to the iPad I bought in 2010, I now own a Mac Mini and an iPhone 4S. There's a tale to be told behind the acquisitions, especially why I decided to abandon my Android phone.
- My motivation to play video games is drying up. However, I'm not sure I'm the cause. I've played many games in StarCraft II, gone through Deus Ex: Human Revolution, finished Portal 2's single player and co-op campaigns. I'm begining to think it's not my interest in games that's waning; it's that most games are no longer worth my interest, and my ever decreasing free time (despite not having a social life) is making my standards possibly higher.
- I've finally acquired some new cubes from V-Cube - I haven't learned how to solve the newer sizes and the new quirks I have to deal with, but it's going to happen one day.
- I'm quitting Magic... again. Maybe. I started again during the year for a short while, but I realized the expense was just too high - hell, I even went as far as to build a deck for Grand Prix Brisbane. That's a tale for another day.
There's probably a lot more I haven't mentioned. It's not coming to mind at the moment.